NEWS 171215 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store (and everything else!) working
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. Bluetooth works and you can use TeamViewer to control other computers from your Rpi3. RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions. Your Wifi connection is stable and it will reconnect after every reboot of your Rpi3.
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.6 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.6.3 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans 9.256.19 – very popular!
6) TeamViewer 18.104.22.16891 – control other computers from your Rpi3!
7) Jelly Browser 7.1.2 – use it to watch YouTube etc.
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.5 (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 22.214.171.124.5 working very well
10) Chess 2.3.6
11) AIDA64 1.47
12) Termux – a very special terminal. (Use the APT package manager!)
Bluetooth and TeamViewer
Bluetooth works in RaspAnd Build 171215. As an alternative you can use the TeamViewer app, which is pre-installed. Screenshot when the TeamViewer app is running on my Rpi3 and controlling my PC.
Clash of Clans and other popular games
Clash of Clans 9.256.19 (a very popular epic strategy game) works very very well. Perfect video quality and audio.
Spotify works very well in RaspAnd Nougat. Just log in and play your favorite music!
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Spotify running
Screenshot 5 – YouTube running in Jelly Browser with perfect video quality
Screenshot 6 – Aptoide TV running
Screenshot 7 – TeamViewer running and controlling my PC
Screenshot 8 – Kodi running
Screenshot 9 – Rpi3 connected to mobile phone by Bluetooth
Screenshot 10 – Developer options
Screenshot 11 – The Desktop when the Raspberry Pi official 7″ touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 12 – Running YouTube in the Jelly Browser when the touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 13 – The Desktop when a Samsung 55″ TV is used as monitor (RaspAnd Build 171220)
NEWS 170923 – AndEX 64bit – Marshmallow 6.0.1 with GAPPS and Netflix (!) working
My build of Android-x86_64 Marshmallow 6.0.1 has GAPPS pre-installed. I.e. Google Play Services 11.5.09, Google Play Store 8.1.29.S-all, Google Chrome 60.0.3112.116, Gmail 7.9.10 and more apps. For example: Netflix 4.16.1, Spotify 126.96.36.1995, Firefox 55.0.2, Aptoide App Manager 188.8.131.52, Termux 0.53 and Clash of Clans 9.105.10. The ISO is called android_x86_64-marshmallow-6.0.1-gapps-netflix-970mb-170923.iso. AndEX Marshmallow 64bit Build 170923 is totally error-free (as far as I know). Everything just works! About Google Play Services – read below and see this slideshow.
Google Play Services
When you start up AndEX Marshmallow Build 170923 for the first time you will get an error message saying that “Google Play Services has stopped”. (As in my previous builds of AndEX). This is easily fixed by going to Settings – Apps – Google Play Services. Give Google Play Services ALL permissions. After that you won’t see any more error messages.
About running Netflix
Before you start Netflix you should go to Settings >> Apps compatibility >> Enable native Bridge. Watch this screenshot. (I’m not sure if this is absolutely necessary, but…). When a movie in Netflix starts the audio will be in Spanish. Change it to English, French or German. Watch this screenshot. Note: When running AndEX Marshmallow live (i.e. from a DVD or USB stick or live in VirtualBox or VMware) it can happen that you get an error message when you try to start Netflix. Just try again and/or wait a few minutes. When running AndEX from hard drive Netflix starts immediately when you want. Note also: Whatever you do don’t try to upgrade Netflix. No other version than the one pre-installed will work.
What’s the point?
Well, if you like your Android phone and all the apps you have installed on it I’m sure you will also like to run apps from your laptop. Bigger screen and better sound etc. Also: In AndEX Marshmallow Build 170923 almost all apps and games can be installed via Google Play Store. Note also that Netflix works very well in this AndEX Build. Still not convinced? Then read my article about “How useful an Androx-x86 system can be for the average computer user“.
Version 170923 replaces version 160922.
AndEX Marshmallow’s Desktop with some extra apps (Kodi 17.4 and YouTube)
AndEX Marshmallow running Netflix in VMware
AndEX Marshmallow running Google Play Store
AndEX Marshmallow running Aptoide App Manager
AndEX Marshmallow running Kodi
AndEX root session
AndEX Marshmallow running the famous game Clash of Clans (pre-installed)
AndEX Marshmallow running Spotify
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170516 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps:
1) Kodi 17.1 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
2) Firefox 53.0.2
3) Spotify 184.108.40.2069 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9 (which you may or may not need)
6) AIDA64 1.46 (for exploring your Rpi system)
7) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps)
8) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
9) Termux 0.48 (terminal with which you can use Apt to install certain programs)
10) SnapTube 220.127.116.1139 (with sound, but no video. However, using SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect video quality).
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).
Kodi (an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more) works very well in RaspAnd. You can enable a lot of Add-ons. Most important is that the YouTube Add-on is enabled by default and that it works very well. I.e. both the sound and the video performance when running YouTube in Kodi is satisfying.
Kernel 4.4.35-exton-v7+ is used in RaspAnd Nougat Build 170516.
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Kodi running
Screenshot 4 – Kodi running (choosing Add-ons)
Screenshot 5 – ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 6 – Spotify running
Screenshot 7 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 8 – SnapTube running
Screenshot 9 – Termux running
Screenshot 10 – Settings running (choosing apps to start)
Please note that the colors in the screenshots are not accurate. The actual screen color is more like in this picture taken with my mobile phone.