NEWS 170805 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store working
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 (for Raspberry Pi 3), which has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. This version of RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions and the screen flickering is (almost) gone.
Download RaspAnd Build 170805…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170805 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which “allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet”. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.4.0 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games 5.2.25 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans is not included, but you can install it through Aptoide TV
6) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.3 (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 188.8.131.52.4 working very well
10) Google Chrome 59.0.3071 (latest version – working very well)
11) YouTube 1.3.11 with almost perfect video quality. Please don’t update YouTube to version 2.00.18 even though Google Play Store wants you to do it. If you do you will loose video quality. If you do it by accident just uninstall the update. (I.e. go back to the “Factory version”).
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Kodi running Popcornflix
Screenshot 5 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 6 – YouTube running
Screenshot 7 – YouTube running with perfect video quality
Screenshot 8 – Aptoide TV running (installing Google Drive)
Screenshot 9 – Spotify running
Screenshot 10 – Clash of Clans installs in Aptoide TV
Softpedia 170812: Android-Based RaspAnd OS Updated for Raspberry Pi 3 with Google Play Support
“After announcing the latest build of his Ubuntu-based RaspEX Linux distro for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs, GNU/Linux developer Arne Exton now informs Softpedia about the release of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170805.
It’s been two months since Arne Exton’s RaspAnd received an update, and the latest build is here to finally make Google Play Store work, allowing users to install various of the supported Android apps on their Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computers.
“I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 (for Raspberry Pi 3), which has GAPPS installed and Google Play store working,” said Arne Exton. “The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions and the screen flickering is (almost) gone.”
“Run Google’s Android 7.1.2 Nougat mobile OS on your Raspberry Pi 3″
As its name suggests, RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 lets you run Google’s Android 7.1.2 Nougat mobile operating system on your Raspberry Pi 3 single-board computer. Unfortunately, it’s not compatible with previous Raspberry Pi models as Android Nougat requires quite a lot of hardware power.”
READ MORE: http://news.softpedia.com/news/android-based-raspand-os-updated-for-raspberry-pi-3-with-google-play-support-517389.shtml