LFA (Linux For All) 64bit Build 170121 with Wine (for HBO Movies/Nordic), Google Chrome (for Netflix) and kernel 4.9.5 (latest)
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 170121
1. This is a very BIG system (2020 MB). All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 4.9.0-15-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s latest stable kernel 4.9.5 is used. It was released yesterday (170120). You can download “my” kernel and install it in another Ubuntu/Debian system (if you want).
3. I have installed Nvidia’s latest proprietary graphics driver 375.26.
4. The Desktop environment is LXDE – Designed to be user friendly and slim, while keeping the resource usage low.
5. The main Web Browser is Google Chrome. So you can watch Netflix!
6. I have installed Wine just to be able to install Firefox for Windows (which I have done). The Windows version is needed if you want to watch HBO Movies/HBO Nordic. The Pepper Flash plugin just doesn’t work anymore in Ubuntu. With Wine installed you can install many other Windows programs using PlayOnLinux. (Also pre-installed by me).
1. LFA Build 170121 running Firefox for Windows and HBO Movies
2. LFA Build 170121 running Wicd Preferences and sudo iwconfig
3. LFA Build 170121 running Nvidia Preferences and Synaptic
4. LFA Build 170121 running PlayOnLinux for installing Windows programs
5. LFA Build 170121 running Rufus and Wine
6. LFA Build 170121 running Samba to reach Windows computers
NOTE: If you want to Build your own live installable Ubuntu 16.10 system you can download LFA Build 161114, which has Refracta Snapshot pre-installed. I was not able to include Refracta Snapshot in Build 170121.
ExLight 64 bit Linux with Enlightenment 0.20, kernel 4.9.0-11-exton and Refracta Tools (create your own Ubuntu system)
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 170105?
NOTE: Version 170105 replaces version 161016.
1. ExLight is now based on Ubuntu 16.10 (alias Yakkety Yak) and Debian Jessie/Stretch.
2. I have upgraded the Desktop environment Enlightenment (Beauty at your fingertips) to version 0.20.99.0 (from 0.19.12).
3. I have replaced kernel 4.8.0-21-exton with my special kernel 4.9.0-11-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s stable kernel 4.9. If you want to use “my” kernel in another Ubuntu/Debian system you can download it.
4. ExLight’s ISO file is now a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive. You can then even run ExLight from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence!
5. Another big improvement is that ExLight can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 4 (load to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run ExLight that way.
6. The installation program Ubiquity (Ubuntu’s live installer) has been replaced with Refracta Installer. Very simple to use! A new user (your user) will be created during the installation process. The reason for the replacement is that Ubiquity is a bit too complicated and that the program crashes once in a while.
7. I have installed Nvidia’s proprietary graphics driver 375.26.
8. I have added seven animated wallpapers.
9. MOST IMPORTANT: I’ve added Refracta Snapshot, which make it possible for you to create your own live installable Ubuntu system. I mean change everything to your liking, fire up Refracta Snapshot and wait 3 – 5 min until your new ISO is ready!
What’s new in kernel 4.9?
The Desktop Environment is Enlightenment 0.20.99.0 (Beauty at your fingertips). Kernel 4.9.0-11-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s stable kernel 4.9). Program content: Refracta Tools, LibreOffice, Synaptic, GParted, SMPlayer (an alternative to Vlc), Wicd, PCManFM, Google Chrome (for watching Netflix movies) and Gimp. Furthermore compilation tools so that you can install programs from source. I have also included Nvidia’s proprietary graphics driver 375.26. It has support for the following GPUs (among others): Quadro M3000 SE, GeForce 10, GeForce 900, GeForce 800A, GeForce 800M, GeForce 700, Quadro Series, GeForce GTX 970M and GeForce GTX 980M. Study the full ExLight program LIST. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as at January 5, 2017.