LFS EXTON Linux live DVD/USB is built using Linux From Scratch 10.1/11.2 and Beyond Linux From Scratch 10.1/11.2 (BLFS) , which has the latest Linux packages and scripts.
A new version of LFS EXTON is ready! The first version is from 210706. Most important news re. the new version:
1. LFS EXTON Build 221103 runs on ALL computers. I. e. new and old ones. UEFI or non-UEFI computers. (Build 210706 was not compatible with some newer computers).
2. Build 221103 uses the latest kernel 6.0.6, released 221029.
The kernel is named 6.0.6-amd64-exton-rt14.
3. I have upgraded some essential packages. Most important Firefox.
4. I have installed two new packages: Gnu Emacs (“At its core is an interpreter for Emacs Lisp, a dialect of the Lisp programming language with extensions to support text editing”) and MPlayer (a movie player).
5. You can download the kernel-sources for LFS EXTON from SourceForge.net – linux-source-6.0.zip. Can be used if you want to install (for example) NVIDIA Graphics Drivers. Unpack and place the sources in /usr/src.
ABOUT Refracta Installer
I finally made Refracta Installer to work in LFS EXTON! Now you can install LFS EXTON to hard drive like any other Linux distribution. Just start Refracta Installer from the menu and follow the instructions. Watch this screenshot.
NOTE: You should create the install partition in advance. Use GParted for that.
LXDE and LightDM
LFS EXTON uses LXDE as Desktop environment. LXDE is designed to be user friendly and slim, while keeping the resource usage low. LFS EXTON has all the tools needed for you to go on and install other Desktop environments or whatever you like (after a hard drive installation of LFS EXTON).
Build your own Linux system
You can also just use LFS EXTON Live DVD/USB as build environment when building your own Linux system from scratch.
1. The ordinary user lfs Desktop
2. root’s Desktop
3. showing how to mount NTFS partitions
4. Running Netflix in Firefox
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!