NEWS 230903 ABOUT ExTiX with Deepin 23 BETA
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (230903). The previous ExTiX Deepin 23 version is from 230403. This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 23 BETA (latest version) released by Deepin Technology in May 2023. Please read the Release Notes. As you can see the developers urge people to try Deepin BETA in a non-production environment! I must say, though, that I haven’t discovered any “bugs”. And the installed programs won’t “crash” or anything like that. On the contrary ExTiX Deepin 23.9 with the Deepin DE 23 works pretty well I would say. I have nevertheless kept ExTiX 22.12 with Deepin 20.8 on the server. Deepin 20.8/20.9 is the stable version released 221208. ExTiX 23.9 uses kernel 6.5.0-extix-amd64-desktop-hwe. ExTiX 23.9 works in the same way as all other ExTiX versions. I.e. you can install it to hard drive while running the system live. Use Refracta Installer for that. You can also create your own live installable Deepin 23 system with Refracta Snapshot. (Using ExTiX 23.9 as a “base system”). So easy that a ten year old child can do it!
My special kernel 6.5.0-extix-amd64-desktop-hwe corresponding Kernel.org’s kernel 6.5.
What’s new in Linux kernel 6.5?
Upgrade Deepin 23 to BETA 2 or to the stable 23 version of Deepin
Future upgrades are very easy to perform. Just run the command sudo apt update followed by sudo apt upgrade. The BETA 2 version of Deepin will be released later in September 2023.
Please read (and watch) a full enthusiastic review of ExTiX 22.12 with Deepin 20.8…
1. ExTiX 23.9 running in full screen in VirtualBox (VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed)
2. ExTiX Deepin 23.9 Desktop
3. ExTiX 23.9 running Refracta Snapshot
4. ExTiX 23.9 LightDM Login Screen
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 13, 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 13 and 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
NEWS 220114 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (220114). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 20.3 released by Deepin Technology 211123.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1. You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 2 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 20.3 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.14.2-exton with kernel 5.16.0-exton. Corresponding the latest available stable kernel from Kernel.org.
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Refracta Installer or Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. As an alternative to Apt you can use the Cactus Package Manager. Example commands: cpm i mousepad and cpm s gimp. (Install Mousepad and search for Gimp). CPM works very well.
9. Install ExTiX to a USB stick preferably with Rufus 3.17 in Windows – see below how it looks.
10. In version 220114 I’ve also included Refracta Installer. Use it in VirtualBox if you want to have an exact copy of ExTiX Deepin installed. You don’t have to “chroot” to install Grub. Just choose to “Copy Grub files” when asked to. Watch this screenshot.
11. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. With those installed you can run ExTiX in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 20.3.
1. ExTiX running in full screen in VirtualBox (VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed)
2. Spotify is running
3. Netflix is running in Firefox
4. ExTiX running in VMware Workstation Player in Windows in full screen after VMware Tools have been installed
5. ExTiX running in Qemu in Linux (Ubuntu). NOTE: ExTiX Deepin (and other Linux systems) runs very fast in Qemu (in Linux). Qemu is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer. Superior to VirtualBox…
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!