RaspAnd Marshmallow Build 160717 is an Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have finally managed to include Google Play Store and other GAPPS. This version of RaspAnd is faster and more responsive than RaspAnd Lollipop Build 150924/160315.
NEWS 160717 about RaspAnd Marshmallow
Build 160717 of RaspAnd Marshmallow replaces my first version from 160625 and my second build from 160711. The screen problems in build 160625 was corrected in my second build from 160711. In this third build from 160717 also YouTube works as expected.
More about the news in Build 160717
1. Build 160717 uses a new kernel – 4.4.15-exton.
2. Google Play Services has been upgraded from version 8.4.87 to 9.2.56. The latest version by 160717.
3. YouTube has been upgraded to version 1.3.11. The latest version by 160717. The video performance is far better in RaspAnd Marshmallow Build 3 than in previous versions. You can watch almost all movies in YouTube with acceptable quality.
4. Clash of Clans works even better in Build 3.
5. The sound quality is excellent in Build 3. Especially is you connect loudspeakers to your Rpi. Maybe because of the new kernel…
6. Bluetooth works as expected.
7. Most important: With Google Play Services in latest version (9.2.56) you are not dependent on Google Play Store. You can install almost all GAPPS and other apps via Aptoide App Manager.
Wifi and Bluetooth support
This new version of RaspAnd has support for Wifi and Bluetooth (on Raspberry Pi 3). RaspAnd runs very well on the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer. The system runs also on the “old” Raspberry Pi 2 computer.
The following useful apps are pre-installed in RaspAnd Marshmallow: Google Play Services 9.2.56, Google Play Store 6.0.2, Aptoide App Manager (as an alternative to Google Play Store), Terminal Emulator, Aida64, WinZip, ES File Explorer, Rotation Control Pro, Opera 36.2.2126, Spotify 126.96.36.1994, Bluetooth File Transfer, YouTube 1.3.11 and the popular (?) game Clash of Clans 8.332.14.
YouTube works alright in RaspAnd Marshmallow Build 3. You can watch almost all videos. I.e. normally you will hear the sound very well, but some the movies won’t play or play very slow with strange colors.
Spotify works very well in RaspAnd Marshmallow. Just log in and play your favorite music!
Screenshot 1 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – AIDA64 showing the system
Screenshot 4 – Clash of Clans running (very well)
Screenshot 5 – Wifi connection
Screenshot 6 – Bluetooth connection
Screenshot 7 – Setting permissions for Google Play Services
Screenshot 8 – Using ES File Explorer
Screenshot 9 – Using Opera Web Browser
Screenshot 10 – Using a big TV (55″) as monitor – Home screen
Screenshot 11 – Using a big TV (55″) as monitor – Running Spotify