About Linux For All (LFA) Build 170827
The system is based on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS and Debian Jessie. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 170827
1. This is a very BIG system (2430MB). All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 4.12.0-12-exton (corresponding Kernel.org’s second latest stable kernel 4.12.8) is used. You can download “my” kernel and install it in another Ubuntu/Debian system (if you want).
3. I have installed Nvidia’s latest proprietary graphics driver 384.69.
4. The Desktop environment is LXDE – Designed to be user friendly and slim, while keeping the resource usage low.
5. The main Web Browser is Google Chrome. So you can watch Netflix!
6. I have installed Wine just to be able to install Firefox for Windows (which I have done). The Windows version is needed if you want to watch HBO Movies/HBO Nordic. The Pepper Flash plugin just doesn’t work anymore in Ubuntu. With Wine installed you can install many other Windows programs using PlayOnLinux. (Also pre-installed by me).
7. I have included Refracta tools (Refracta Snapshot) to make it possible for you to create your own installable Ubuntu (16.04.3/16.10/17.04/17.10) Live DVD once you have installed LFA to hard drive. This is done in the easiest possible way!
1. LFA Build 170827 running Firefox for Windows and HBO Movies
2. LFA Build 170827 running Wicd Preferences and sudo iwconfig
3. LFA Build 170827 running PlayOnLinux for installing Windows programs
4. LFA Build 170827 running Rufus and Wine
5. LFA Build 170827 running Samba to reach Windows computers
6. LFA Build 170827 running Google Chrome and Netflix
Leave a Reply