NEWS 220501 ABOUT ExTiX LXQt Mini 22.5, Build 220501
I’ve made a new updated “mini” version of ExTiX – The Ultimate Linux System. It is based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Jammy Jellyfish. The ISO file is of only 1340 MB, which is good if you want to run the system super fast from RAM. It should be enough with 2GB RAM. When the boot process is ready you can eject the DVD or USB stick. Use Boot alternative 2. The best thing with ExTiX 22.5 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Ubuntu 22.04 system. So easy that a ten year child can do it! ExTiX 22.5 uses kernel 5.17.2-amd64-exton. Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will be supported until April 2027.
Study all pre-installed packages in ExTiX 22.5.
More about ExTiX 22.5
This ExTiX version uses LXQt as Desktop environment. LXQt is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE, the Lightweight Desktop Environment. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment. NOTE: This ExTiX LXQt Build is for older UEFI-enabled computers and VirtualBox/VMware. When running ExTiX 22.5 in VirtualBox you can do it in full screen since VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. Watch this screenshot.
ExTiX version 220501 LXQt user Desktop
ExTiX LXQt running Refracta Installer – 1
ExTiX LXQt running Refracta Installer – 2
ExTiX LXQt running Refracta Snapshot
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
Linux For All (LFA) Build 220412 with Gnome 42
is a simple remaster of upcoming Ubuntu 22.04, code-named Jammy Jellyfish. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system. NOTE: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will be supported until April 2027.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 220412
1. All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 5.17.2-amd64-exton (with Debian patches) is used. You can of course switch to Ubuntu’s original kernel if you prefer.
3. The Desktop environment is Gnome 42. (Ubuntu’s original DE).
4. The main Web Browser is Firefox. So you can watch Netflix!
5. I have included Refracta tools (Refracta Snapshot) to make it possible for you to create your own installable Ubuntu 22.04 Live DVD once you have installed LFA to hard drive.
6. You can run LFA fast in RAM. Use boot alternative 2 Load to RAM. The LFA ISO file is of only 1470 MB to be compared with Ubuntu’s original ISO of 2900 MB.
7. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed , which means (among other things) that you can run LFA in VirtualBox in full screen. Watch this screenshot.
Screenshot 1 – LFA Gnome running in VirtualBox
Screenshot 2 – Running Samba to reach Windows computers
Screenshot 3 – Refracta Installer has started
Screenshot 4 – Running Refracta Installer and installing Grub
Screenshot 5 – Running LFA Gnome from a USB stick after I’ve made some persistent changes
Screenshot 6 – root’s Desktop in Gnome
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!